Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Danke Linz!

The day has finally come, the day when we must part ways. Linz. The Danube. The Raab. Our home. Although I’m excited that the days of weiner shcnitzel are behind me, I’m kind of sad to be leaving my home of 3 weeks. Europe won’t be the same without the shower curtain that insists on molesting me every time I shower, the vending machine beers, the 6 hour laundry cycles, the closet with one window and 4 weights (the weight room), or the ping pong table situated in the darkest corner of the basement which is illuminated by a table lamp (great for flip cup though!) I came to Linz skeptical, apprehensive and unwilling to embrace it. I’m leaving with new found perspective. I’m leaving as a new person. A lot has happened for me here. Some great, others not so much but everything happens for a reason. Now will I recommend Linz as “must visit” city? Probably not(and by probably I mean not at all). Danke Linz for introducing me to Weinhenstephenar. Danke Linz for the free Mogwai concert. Danke Lin for Erdeberry gelato. Danke Linz for being a good host. (This post was written before we left Linz, June 4th,  but due to lack of internet, the posting is late. Please excuse the lack of timeliness)

No comments: