There is a good amount of things to do here. You can catch a ferry to the Old City, or the bus to the New City. You can cliff jump (which was AMAZING). You can catch a local ferry to a nearby island. Best of all, you can just relax. This leg of the trip has been truly necessary and very much appreciated. Sorry I'm rolling this leg of the trip into one blog, but trying to make it upstairs to the lobby everyday to blog when I can be out on the beach is tough. So here is the sad part of my day. My little sister(pseudo), Rebecca left this morning. She's been my partner in crime pretty much the entire trip. So shout out to you Becs! I'll catch you on the other side of the pond. Anyway, gonna keep this short b/c I should be paying attention in class.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
I have truly seen beauty
I am here. Where is here? Here is beautiful. Here is unreal. Here is paradise. If you would have asked me about Croatia at this time last year, I would have guessed it was a war torn shell of a country in Eastern Europe (sorry, haven't had a geography class or history class in quite some time. I'm pushing 27). Ask me now and I can't come up with the words. The words that come to mind just can't quite capture that which my naked eyes can. Rocky coastlines, varying elevations, mountains, bombed hotels that are still left standing, BRIGHT BLUE waters, and an old city that is simply remarkable. Food? Pretty damn good, especially when compared against Austria (gagging as I can recall the taste of the wiener schnitzel). The fish is fresh, the sauces are rich but not over the top, and the serve scrambled eggs at breakfast!!!! One complaint though, the gelato here blows, with the exception of the after 8 flavor.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow g. looks like my kinda spot, serene, refreshing, inspiring...
Dude, you'd LOVE it here! The water is clear as diamonds. Mark it on your list as a MUST-SEE.
Post a Comment