So I'm happy to report that Friday night ushered in a revival of my spirits. Why? Enter the Cavalry. It's funny how much of a difference adding people to the mix makes. Now don't get me wrong, the original 6 (The OG's - Josh, Jillian, Maha, Becca, Diane, and yours truly) make great company but when three of them are hunkered down in a library for 13 hours a day, it can get sketchy. It doesn't get much better than having like 10 more friends show up with a case of room temperature beer (apparently the Austrians don't care too much for ice), an ipod speaker system, and then cram into a two person dorm room. What could the results possibly be? Good times!
After completely destroying the beer from the case, the beer from the vending machines (that's right, BEER FROM THE VENDING MACHINES!), and the mini bottles of Jagermeister (available next to the gum in the checkout line at the local grocery store) we called it a night so as to be able to be somewhat coherent during the mandatory orientation this morning. I'll spare you the details surrounding the orientation. The orientation was followed up by a KICK-ASS bus tour....errr......ummm...okay, I'm lying. Bus tours suck....bad. However, the stops on the tour gave access to some of the most gorgeous views I've seen. As much as I would love to go into detail about them, I won't. I'll just let you have a look. Sow how do you follow up a great evening and great views? Easy. Free beer and free food! After the tour we stopped at a local watering hole called the Walker bar. That's when I fell in love. Her name is Weinhenstephaner and she is a gift from God. By FAR the best beer I've ever had. Ok, gonna talk about dinner, then get back to the beer. Dinner ummmm, let's just say the Austrians are really into carb on carb action. Every meal includes some overly starchy carb without fail. For instance, the appetizer at dinner was German potato salad. The main course was a variety of meats accompanied by bread-like dumplings. Now don't get me wrong, I tore those things up, but definitely carb overload. Okay, so back to the bar and the beer. Bartender = awesome (shout out to Philip from Vienna). Beer = dope (dope as in good not dope as in drugs. Look I was raised in Miami okay). Shots = fail. Beer is the best deal in Austria. Their beer is the equivalent to our "high gravity" beers and they come in the most HUMONGOUS glasses ever created. Shots? Never again. Their idea of a kamikaze is vodka and triple sec. Heavy on the triple sec. So in short, when in Austria, drink beer. Okay, I'm rambling so I'll post a few pics now. I'll post all of them to my facebook also so that more will be available. Hope yall enjoy.
1 comment:
Actually buddy, it was RUM, bailey's Kaluha and some Austrian liquor that tasted like hot sauce. Get it right. Furthermore, how dare you rise up against the the wingman of the century. If you really wanna talk about "bitchin up", we can go there......hahaha!
Post a Comment