Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thanks Chuck! Sorry miss, did you say 5 bucks?

3 Flights, 4400 miles, and a handful of angry airport workers later, my friends and I have reached our destination. Gotta give credit Charles "Lucky Lindy" Lindbergh for being crazy enough to attempt AND succeed at being the first to complete a transatlantic flight. With him, this blog wouldn't be possible. Thanks Chuck!

Question. What do Atlanta, D.C. and Munich all have in common? Answer. Miserable airport employees. Although I want nothing more than to go on a 5 minute vent about how horrible the service was at the various airports, I won't. I've realized that I too would be pretty irritable if I watched person after person depart on cool trips. I forgive you United Airlines check-in lady for rudely asking me if I needed something after I stood there for 10 minutes while you conversed with your coworkers and gave attitude to the man who almost missed his flight. You too Dulles International passenger liaison who straight up told me that you are not working b/c you're on the phone. Really? I even forgive you Guardian of Gate 63 at Munich International. Of course you wouldn't know which flight I got off of b/c you didn't let me finish my sentence. But like I said, I won't use my blog to vent. However, I'll tell you what I CAN'T forgive! $5.08 USD for a 16 oz. bottle of water which the Germans refer to as "still water" (non-carbonated). You're absolutely right my eastern european friends, $5.08 and it's STILL WATER! It's not champagne or patron. It's just a bottle of water!

Anyway, here I am in Linz Austria. After being awake for 24 hours straight, my body decided to overthrow my mind and pass out. Luckily for me, there was a SUPER comfortable TWIN SIZED bed waiting for me (and by super comfortable I mean soft as granite). Seriously though, my senses are on absolute overload right now. The country seems to be extremely clean and riddled with shopping centers and stores. Even the air smells and tastes different over here. I can't wait to get out and start exploring! With that being said. I'm out.


1 comment:

Grace said...

No issues with the luggage? How did Jillian and Josh do with their overweight bags? I'm glad you guys got there safely =)
Miss you!
xoxo