Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Class?! What class?!

Apparently I didn't get the memo that there is ACTUAL classwork involved here. Don't believe me? Well, I just got out of class and I have to be back at 2pm! So those of you who think Gino is here having loads of fun......you're right. But class still sucks. Yesterday was the first day of class and it was worse than boring. Boring would've been a treat. Looking around the room, you could see that the "bobble head" was in effect. Students heads would slowly creep forward and then jerk back up, startling themselves awake. The good news is that the Raabheim(hotel/dorm that we are staying in) in conjunction with JKU is hosting a happy hour for us this evening. That may not sounds super exciting to anyone stateside, but when you drop £ after £ at a bar and you're still sober, a school sponsored happy hour is just right.

Before I get out of here, I feel the need to share my first workout experience in Austria. Allow me to set the scene. A musky basement of a hotel. A row of windows, but only one opens. No central air. No fans. Rusty plates of iron randomly scattered and labeled in kilos. And best of all, Mariah Carey on the radio. Could a gym get ANY better!? I'm just glad I was able to get a workout in. Since I've gotten here, it's been nothing but bread, pasta, and more bread! Like I said, carb on carb action is like open public food porn in Linz.  Anyway, here are some pics of the post class excursion that Mark, Maha, and myself took. Holla!





1 comment:

The Queen Bee said...

Looks like you're having a great time! Nice pictures. Stay safe, but have fun!